Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMS) is a surgical specialty that involves diagnosis and treatment of diseases, deformities, injuries and cosmetic defects of the facial and oral region.
A surgical procedure is often performed because of an active problem such as pain, swelling, decay, infection, difficulty in normal function, esthetic reasons or as a preventative measure to avoid serious problems in the future. If left untreated, a number of potentially harmful outcomes may arise.
Whether your dentist refers you to our office, you have pain or symptoms causing you concern, or you simply have questions you would like to be answered, please contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our specialists. We are here to answer your questions and provide the treatment you deserve.
- Surgical removal / Odontectomy
- Impacted wisdom teeth, canine, supernumerary teeth
- Exposure and bonding
- Surgical exposure of impacted teeth for orthodontic traction
- Tongue-tie or lip-tie
- Apicoectomy/endodontic surgery
- Infected previously root canal treated teeth
- Gingival contouring / crown lengthening
- Gummy smile, gum tissue around teeth either too high or too low
- Management of orofacial pathology
- Biopsy, enucleation, marsupialization, incision, and drainage
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Dentoalveolar and facial trauma
- Cleft lip and palate surgery
- Maxillary and mandibular reconstruction